11.10.2007

Silver Shoes..Silver Shoes, It's Wedding Time in the City

You may have correctly guessed that the above title can by sung to the melody of the classic holiday tune Silver Bells. Now on to the post...

Next July one of my very dearest friends will exchange nuptials with her man, and us bridesmaids have been given the exhaustive task of selecting matching silver shoes to go with our impossibly-chic, strapless, sage green gowns. Having survived Los Angeles summers for the past several years, I know to expect the sultriest of situations, so a dazzling, strappy little number will be appropriately stylish. (They may also distract from my hair, which is sure to be a hot, frizzy, mess after the requisite four rounds of Electric Slidin'!) I love the metallic, snake print of the Guess "Okanarra" sandal (left) and the price - $99 - is just right! But alas, I can't peel my eyes away from this ultra-glamorous Stuart Weitzman "Eiffel" sandal (right). It's, ahem, a bit more than the Guess shoe (about $350 more), but I consider it a worthwhile investment in my self-esteem. Not that I need a shoe to make me feel sexy, but c'mon, who wouldn't feel delicious in a shoe like that? Of course, the ultimate decision isn't solely mine, but maybe the Stu W's can be a special, one-time-only gift to myself. Hark, the credit angels sing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, ode to the silver shoe, how classic. Luv ya lots.

Anonymous said...

Angel, ode to the silver shoe, how classic. You are the greatest.

Scrumdilli said...

I am really digging those Stuart Weitzman "Eiffel" sandal...but not digging them enough to dig a huge hole in my pocket!!!

Shopaholic D said...

Nine west has some pretty and pretty affordable silver strappy shoes. But, if you have the money to treat yourself to the SW's, I say go for it!

:) D